These are some experiences with CAN bus Network:
- Authored CAN specifications document for supplier
- Authored requirements for supplier to port device 11bit to 29 bit and SAEJ1939 compliant.
- Created step-by-step guide on minimum compliance to SAE J1939.
- Designed & implemented vehicle network topology compromised of over 5 CAN networks and 25 CAN nodes
- Troubleshoot & fix on-highway truck with experimental high-voltage system with intermittent CAN issues
- Created busload estimation calculator to help designers size up message transmission rates
- Experience troubleshooting based on analog signal (eye-chart) and protocol analyzer
- Supported CAN bus software library written in Assembly for 8-bit microcontroller
- Wrote CCP (CAN Calibration Protocol) support for 8bit processor & Matlab generated embedded code
- Designed CAN to SPI gateway module. Designed circuit schematic, circuit board layout and wrote the firmware in C.
- Designed a dual CAN Gateway module that off-loaded the traffic in the main vehicle CANbus
- Designed ECUs (CAN nodes) with magnetic and optical coupling
- Evaluated bit error rate in CAN bus running on 1Mbit
- Evaluate theoretical bit error rate of CAN physical layer running at 10Mbits