CAN Protocol Training Course: A 1-day seminar with a demonstration
This class teaches the essential principles of the CAN protocol (ISO 11898-1) including dominant/recessive logic, bit-wise arbitration, physical layers, message structure, protocol error handling. This class includes an hand-on element where oscilloscope, protocol decoder, and CAN analyzer are utilized.
Agenda for CAN Protocol Training Course
Module 1: Introduction
• Basics of networks
• OSI Layer model
Module 2: CAN protocol overview
• Brief history, characteristics and applications
• CAN Message Structure
• Typical vehicle network architecture
Module 3: CAN physical layer
• Typical ECU circuits
• Understanding electrical signals levels
• Bit timing, Transfer medium and Dominant/recessive logic
• Termination, length requirements and physical layer issues
Module 4: CAN data link layer
• CAN message transmit and receive
• Identifier Arbitration
• Overview of structure fields
• CAN error frames, error handling and error counters.
Module 5: CAN higher-level layer protocols
• Overview of the CAN identifiers for CANopen and SAE J1939
Module 6: Workshop: Hands-on Demos & Exercises on Real World System
• Using a laptop computer, oscilloscope and CAN bus analyzer tool with actual ECUs and nodes.
• Lab 1: CAN physical layer signals with oscilloscope and protocol decoder
• Lab 2: CAN Analyzer Tool: test network, simulate messages, diagnostic issues.
Delivery: Training at Your Facility
This course is available for delivery at your company site for a group of employees.
The curriculum can be customized based on your attendees’ learning styles and abilities using company-specific or industry-specific examples.
To inquire about this or other training options at your site, please fill out this form. We will contact you to discuss scheduling and pricing options.